Veteran’s cremation services in Clarksville, TN come with a lot of options. From direct to classic cremations, memorial services, or funerals, to whether or not you want a fancy casket and save money on cremation, there are lots of different ways you can make your lost veteran’s cremation unique.
You can also make a cremation unique after the actual cremation is over. There are lots of classic options after cremation including scattering, inurnment, burial, entombment and more. However, you can also get even more eclectic and unique to your loved by doing things like:
- Order A Diamond – While expensive, this memorial will really last forever. Special companies can extract carbon particles from the cremated ashes and grow a real diamond. You can personalize the color, shape or cut to make the diamond even more unique for the deceased.
- Create Glass Art – Cremation ashes can be transformed into glass with the help of professional glass blowers. These artists can take small portions of the deceased’s ashes and create glass art in a range of shapes, colors, and sizes. You can display the art at home on your mantel, or somewhere else special.
- Shoot Off Fireworks – Help your loved one go out with a bang with a fireworks display. Some pyrotechnics companies help you scatter your loved one’s ashes by placing them inside fireworks. These incorporated ashes scatter when the fireworks go off, making for a memorable end to a memorial service.
- Commission Jewelry – Keep your loved one close by placing ashes in cremation or memorial jewelry. People have been placing memories of deceased loved ones in jewelry for centuries. However, modern technology makes it easy to order personalized pieces like lockets, pendants, rings and more filled with small portions of ashes. You can order pre-made pieces online or have a jewelry maker custom make a piece for you.
- Plant a Tree – Really go green with cremation, and help your deceased loved one continue to give back long after he or she is gone. Buy a biodegradable urn that’s specially made to be buried without any harmful impact on the environment. Plant the Bio Urn with some ashes and seeds inside. The ashes will help nourish the seed until it grows into a beautiful tree people can enjoy for generations to come.
These are just a few of the many, many options for veteran cremation services. If you need more ideas, think about your lost veteran and their interests or unique qualities. Take inspiration from them, to make their cremated remains memorial as respectful and special as it can be.
Sykes Funeral Home & Crematory is here to help if you want to learn more about what to do with veteran’s remains post cremation, or about cremation services in general. We offer a range of Clarksville, TN cremation services and have years of industry experience we would be happy to put at your disposal. Give us a call today for more information on what we can do for you in your time of loss.