Music is a powerful tool that can evoke emotion and mood. That’s why almost every funeral at a funeral home in Clarksville, TN has music. There are many different kinds of funeral home songs out there, from traditional to modern and everything in between.
There are an amazing number of options when it comes to funeral songs. So how do you choose the songs for your loved one’s funeral? You can choose the music by getting inspired with common and popular funeral song choices. There are tons of options out there, from common to more unique. Here are some that might inspire you. This list includes country, modern, classic and traditional options:
- See You Again by Wiz Khalifa & Charlie Puth
- Only One by Kanye West and performed by Kanye West and Paul McCartney
- Supermarket Flowers by Ed Sheeran
- In the Arms of an Angel by Sarah McLachlan
- When I Get Where I’m Going by Brad Paisley
- If You’re Reading This by Tim McGraw
- One More Day by Diamond Rio
- Lay Me Down by Sam Smith
- Hear You Me by Jimmy Eat World
- How Long Will I Love You by Ellie Goulding
- Last Kiss by Pearl Jam
- Broken Halos by Chris Stapleton
- Drink a Beer by Luke Bryan
- Hallelujah by Jeff Buckley (there are many other iterations by other artists)
- Let It Be by The Beatles
- Who You’d Be Today by Kenny Chesney
- What A Wonderful World by Louis Armstrong
- Hero by Mariah Carey
- You Should Be Here by Cole Swindell
- Over You by Miranda Lambert
- Fix You by Coldplay
You should also take some time to think about what kind of music the deceased would have enjoyed, as the point of the funeral is to celebrate his or her life. However, you can also get inspired by music that the funeral guests will enjoy, too. You can even try playing a few different kinds of music to try and meet everyone’s tastes and preferences, though you shouldn’t stress about meeting everyone’s tastes as that’s almost impossible to accomplish.
You also need to choose songs that go along with your plan for the funeral. Think about if you want songs that speak about death and spending eternity in heaven, or songs that remind you of certain qualities and characteristics of the deceased. You can also look for songs that allow for reflection over fond memories or ones that your lost loved one enjoyed.
All music can evoke powerful emotions and memories, so go with your heart when making the decision. Choosing the kind of music, you want to play at your lost loved one’s funeral is a very personal experience, so there is no right or wrong answer. Sykes Funeral Home & Crematory is here to help if you would like to learn more about your options for Clarksville, TN funeral homes or funeral music. Stop by and visit us or give us a call today, as we are happy to assist you in your time of loss.