While it’s never easy to think about your eventual passing, preplanning your cremation service in Clarksville, TN is one of the best things you can do for your family, and for yourself. After all, losing a loved one is hard enough without having to plan, execute and pay for a service.
Preplanning for your funeral or memorial can help both you and your loved ones in many different ways. The benefits of preplanning a service include:
- · Easing Your Family’s Burden: Let your family know exactly what you want for your funeral so they don’t have to guess what to do after you’re gone, or spend time making painful decisions when they should be grieving with loved ones.
- · Creating a Meaningful Service: Memorial and funeral services are an important part of the grieving process, but your loved ones might miss out on the important benefits if they are too busy planning the event. Preplan so they don’t have to.
- · Maintaining Self-Reliance: Taking charge of your memorial and funeral services allows you to maintain control and independence when you might otherwise lose them. This is good for your mental health at the end of your life and gives you more self-reliance.
- · Making Sure Your Wishes Are Met: Make sure you get the exact funeral or memorial service you want by taking care of the details and clearly laying them out for your friends and family. This way they won’t be able to argue or disagree.
- · Financial Responsibility: You can plan for how to cover the funeral costs in advance to make it easier for your family’s bank accounts and stress levels. Look into funeral insurance or funeral trusts to help ensure financial ease for your cremation and service.
These are just a few of the ways preplanning can help both you and your family. But how do you go about preplanning a funeral or cremation service?
The first step is to simply start making some choices. Think about what you want for your funeral or memorial, and be prepared to make choices such as:
- Choose what to do with your remains, from burial and scattering to more non-traditional methods of body disposal like a biodegradable urn or water internment.
- Pick out your service theme, like military, religious, or non-traditional.
- Choose the funeral home.
- Detail memorial or funeral specifications like preferred music, desired readings, special decorations, and video displays.
- Choose your final resting place. There are a ton of options, but the main ones include: a family plot or mausoleum, columbarium, or cremation urn.
Preplanning your cremation service isn’t as hard or overwhelming as you would think once you get started, and it can only help you and your loved ones after your death.
As a Clarksville, TN cremation service provider, we are here to help if you do need more assistance with preplanning. We have years of experience with preplanning and would be happy to help you however we can. Please stop by and visit us today for more information.